Serves: Two adults | Cooks in: 40 minutes
For the butter -
125g butter, softened
1 garlic clove, crushed
handful parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
1 tsp Dijon mustard
small pinch chilli powder, optional
1x lemon, juiced
- Make the butter by mixing together all the ingredients, then season and set aside. This can be made ahead of time, allow time for butter to soften if taken from the fridge.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut along the tops of the lobster shells. Cut down to around 3/4 of the back of the shell. Use your fingers to open the shell and loosen the meat keeping it attached at the base and pull it half out. Use a knife to cut along the top of the tail without cutting all the way through. This is to open the meat up and allow flavour in! Sit the tail in a shallow oven dish and coat in the butter. These can as well be pre-prepared ready to go in the oven when ready.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- You can also completely remove the meat from the tail and pan fry. If this process is undertaken, cook in butter, continuously basting in the pan during cooking.
- Serve on its own, or with salad. Fresh lemon juice to serve! Melt the left over butter for a lovely dipping sauce.